Military and Overseas Civilian Voters
Members of the military and United States civilians who are overseas on Election Day may still vote in any election by mail, email or fax.
If you qualify to meet the definitions below you are entitled to use these options:
- A “military voter” is a voter who is absent from his or her New Jersey residence on Election Day; and is entitled to vote whether he or she is living elsewhere in New Jersey (i.e. a military installation), outside of New Jersey or outside the United States.
- A “military voter” includes New Jersey citizens who are members of the Uniformed Services, Merchant Marine, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- A spouse or dependent of a member of the military or other uniformed services is also considered to be a “military voter”.
- An “overseas voter” is a voter who is living outside of the United States and who was residing in New Jersey immediately prior to departure.
Note: The “overseas voter” need not have been registered to vote in New Jersey prior to going outside of the United States, but must have been domiciled in New Jersey and have possessed the qualifications to register and vote in New Jersey.
Note: ONLY the Federal Postcard Application (“FPCA”) can be used for both voter registration and ballot request. If you use the New Jersey forms, you must submit both a New Jersey Voter Registration Form and a New Jersey Mail-In Ballot Application.
Delivery Options for Receiving A Ballot:
You can request to receive a ballot by fax or email.
- If you request to receive a ballot by fax, you must provide a fax number on the application.
- If you request to receive a ballot by email, you must provide an email address on the application.
Deadlines for Ballot Application:
You can mail, fax or email the application.
Applications must be received not later than 30 days prior to an election to receive a Mail-In Ballot. If you would like to receive and vote by fax or email, the application must be received no later than 4 days prior to the election. If you use a Federal Post Card Application and it is received after the 21 day deadline prior to an election you will still receive a Mail-In Ballot. Then after the election, the Warren County Board of Elections will add you to the registration if the application contains all of the required information.
Mail completed applications to:
Warren County Clerk
413 Second Street
Belvidere, NJ 07823-1500
Fax completed application to: 908-475-6208
Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fax or email the application, the original application must also be mailed to the County Clerk’s Office at the address above.
For questions please feel free to call 908-475-6211.