- Candidates for any elected public office in the State of New Jersey
- Candidates engaging in “pre-candidacy” activity
- Treasurers of Political Committees
- Recall and Recall Defense Committees
- Continuing Political Committees
- Legislative Leadership Committees
- Political Party Committees under certain circumstances.
The following persons must file reports of their campaign financial activity: “Citizen” groups or other “Grassroots” movements
- Write-in candidates and school board candidates
- Individuals or groups making independent expenditures
Candidates running for federal office or for political party positions (county committee member, state committee member, or national party convention delegate) are not required under the jurisdiction of the Act.
- May Municipal
- Run Off
- School Board
- Fire Commission
- Special Elections